Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome Baby Wren

Sweet, sweet friends of ours are expecting their second bambino in early May and we had SO much fun dragging them in to town for a baby shower. They recently moved their lives to VT where they're planting a church. When word spread that Christin was coming, everyone jumped in to help out-- so I dare say who hosted, but Laura was definitely the mastermind behind all the goodness and opened her home to all of us. (*not even two weeks after moving?! she's amazing...)
IMG_7283
IMG_7290
IMG_7276
Girl is a planner and organizer extraordinaire. Like, way better than anyone you'd pay to come in your home to tell you where to store your christmas tree. Like, 'made-a-spreadsheet-for-the-shower' good. Here she is with our friend Ruth. Isn't she beautiful? And with perfect hair? (*she's totally hating me right now...) :)
IMG_7317
Anyways, Christin is creating a shabby chic nursery for little miss Wren so we carried the theme into the shower.
IMG_7300
IMG_7302
IMG_7301
IMG_7306
Soup, salad, and quiche were on the menu followed by an unbelievable trifle and cupcakes by Martha Stewart Glorianne. Yea, they had pear icing.
IMG_7305
IMG_7295
IMG_7310
IMG_7309
Then, we played baby shower games. 'Guess how big Wren is' involved ribbon, scissors and Christin's waistline. Praise the Lord you don't play this game at adoption showers. I'm not really sure I want to guess how big my waistline is, much less 20 of my favorite girlfriends. Present bingo was super fun to watch. I didn't get to play-- the game pieces were pastel M&M's and well, we all know what happened to mine.
IMG_7312
IMG_7320
How cute is this little 'wren' mobile? Martha Glorianne made it!
IMG_7331
All of our guests took home these little Freesia bulb favors to plant in their garden to celebrate Wren's coming. We also had everyone sign a little message to the princess-to-be in this copy of Amelia Bedelia (*did you read this when you were little?) as a guest book of sorts. We jotted down a list of goodies and who gave them on the back cover for Christin to keep too.
IMG_7274
IMG_7267

1 comment:

Christin Pounds said...

ok, so I just saw this! Courtney called me and told me it was on your blog and I was like, no it isn't, I keep up with her blog, and then, well, I guess I just missed it! Thank you thank you, this was so sweet, i love seeing these fun pictures!